- RSS Channel Showcase 3880159
- RSS Channel Showcase 3380252
- RSS Channel Showcase 5304531
- RSS Channel Showcase 8663111
- 07/20/17--13:26: 10 Kid Friendly Hikes In SE King County
- 09/21/17--08:04: Finding Balance Between Family And The Outdoors
- 01/24/17--13:25: What Our Boys Carry In Their Backpacks
- 02/15/18--14:19: When Hiking Isn’t Just About The Miles
I get asked often for ideas on where to kids for an “easy hike”. The hikes you can take babies to sullen teens with you. Not too long, no water crossings. Overall safer trails. This mix of 10 Kid friendly hikes in South East...
Awhile back I read a blog post titled “Why You Should Get Out of Bed and Hike, Even if You’re an Exhausted Parent”, which was I realized only too quickly, was a click-bait title. It left a sour feeling I couldn’t shake, and I...
In late 2014 I wrote a post on what our toddler & preschooler carried in their backpacks. Two years later, with now a preschooler and a school age child, their gear list has changed. It's grownup a bit, and they can carry more now. Our boys will soon turn 5 & 7. Sometimes they seem…… Continue reading What Our Boys Carry In Their Backpacks
The summer I got pregnant with Walker (who is nearly 8) I was at my pinnacle of hiking. I was aggressively chasing trails and miles. I knew my life would change a lot with another child, if we succeeded. Until that point though, hiking had always been about the miles and how far could I…… Continue reading When Hiking Isn’t Just About The Miles